The Normal Distribution Calculator is an online tool that displays the probability distribution for a given mean, standard deviation, minimum and maximum values. The online normal distribution calculator tool from Protonstalk’s helps in speeding up the calculation by displaying the distribution result very quickly.
How to Use the Normal Distribution Calculator?
Method to use the Normal Distribution Calculator is as follows:
- In the respective input fields, enter the mean, standard deviation, maximum, and minimum values.
- Now, click the “Calculate” button to obtain the probability value.
- Finally, in the new window, the normal distribution of the given data set will be displayed.
Following are the inputs for the calculator
- Standard Deviation
- Minimum Value
- Maximum Value
Following are the outputs for the calculator
- Input Interpretation
What is Meant by Normal Distribution?
Normal distribution is a probability distribution in which most data values tend to cluster around the mean. It is also known as the “Gaussian Distribution”. The bell-shaped curve is another name for the normal distribution curve. Although all normal distributions are symmetrical, not all symmetrical distributions are normal distributions.
The distribution is said to be normal if it meets the following criteria:
- All the Mean, Median & Mode are equal
- It is symmetric about the centre.
- Exactly 50% of data is greater then mean and 50% are lesser.
Normal distribution is basically a probability distribution that is symmetric about the mean, showing that data near the mean are more frequent in occurrence than data far from the mean.
Normal distributions are symmetric, unimodal, and asymptotic, and the mean, median, and mode are all equal. A normal distribution is perfectly symmetrical around its center.
More Mathematical Calculators